When it comes time to install a furnace in Peoria, AZ, there are many factors that you should consider. In this article, we will discuss 10 of the most important factors to take into account when installing a new furnace in the area. The factors include climate, energy efficiency, size and capacity, installation cost and time frame, ductwork options and compatibility with existing systems, warranties and guarantees, maintenance requirements and costs, noise levels during operation of the unit, air quality solutions like filtration or UV lights, and HVAC contractor competence. We will explain how each factor plays an important role in your future satisfaction with your purchase. Read on for more information about what you should be thinking about before your furnace installation in Peoria.
- Climate: Peoria, AZ is known for its hot summers and cool winters, so the climate should be taken into account when selecting a new furnace. A furnace with too high of output can lead to overheating in the summer months, while one that is not powerful enough will leave you feeling cold during those chilly winter days. It’s important to select a unit that will adequately heat your home without leading to increased energy bills due to overuse.
- Energy Efficiency: The efficiency of the furnace you choose can have a major impact on your energy bill down the line. Look for models with higher AFUE ratings as these are more efficient and will help save you money in the long run. Higher-end models with modulating motors also tend to be more efficient and quieter.
- Size and Capacity: Selecting the right size furnace for your home is essential for optimal performance. A unit that’s too big will waste energy, while one that’s too small won’t provide adequate heating. An HVAC contractor can help you determine the correct size for your home based on its square footage and other factors.
- Installation Cost and Time Frame: The cost of a new furnace or heating installation in Sun City, AZ can vary drastically depending on the type of unit you choose and how complex the job is to complete. Labor costs also play a role in the overall price tag, so it’s important to get estimates from several contractors to compare prices before making a selection. Additionally, be sure to ask each contractor about how long the installation process will take and what materials they use.
- Ductwork Options and Compatibility with Existing Systems: Depending on the layout of your home, you’ll need to consider either installing a new duct system or retrofitting an existing one. If you go with a new system, be sure that it is compatible with the model of furnace you have chosen. Additionally, ask contractors if they offer dual-zone systems which allow for temperature settings in different areas of your home.
- Warranties and Guarantees: It’s important to familiarize yourself with any warranties or guarantees offered by the manufacturer before making a purchase decision. Many furnaces come with 10-year warranties on parts, so be sure to ask about these when getting quotes from contractors.
- Maintenance Requirements and Costs: Regular maintenance is essential for optimal performance of your new furnace. Most units should have their filters changed every three months or so, and an annual inspection by a professional can help identify any potential problems with the unit before they become major issues. Be sure to factor in the cost of regular maintenance and repairs into your overall budget for the installation.
- Noise Levels During Operation: Make sure to pay close attention to how loud each model is during the operation when making a selection. Quieter models tend to be more expensive, but they are worth it if you value peace and quiet in your home.
- Air Quality Features: Many of the newer models on the market come with air quality features that can improve the air circulating in your home. Look for models with advanced filtration systems and ultraviolet lights, as these can help remove contaminants from the air and reduce common allergens.
- Efficiency Rebates: Last but not least, ask whether there are any rebates available for energy-efficient models such as those that have earned Energy Star certification. You may be able to take advantage of local or national tax credits or other incentives when making a purchase decision.
These 10 factors should be taken into consideration when you’re planning for furnace installation in Peoria, AZ. Taking time to learn about each of them ahead of time can help ensure you make the best choice for your home and budget. With a little bit of research, you’ll be able to find the perfect unit that meets all of your needs. Contact Five Star Air today at 623-244-0414 for more information.