Biryani is one of the most delectable royal dishes. It is popular among Asians and is regarded as a luxurious treat to be enjoyed on special occasions. Making chicken biryani is not as simple as it appears. Biryani with a unique flavor and aroma necessitates expertise.
The ultimate one-pot meal is chicken Biryani. Biryani’s main ingredients are halal organic chicken and rice. Although beef or mutton can be substituted for chicken, halal chicken is the quickest way to make biryani. The aroma and flavor of this aromatic and delectable Chicken Biryani recipe are irresistible.
Everything you’ll need to make biryani is listed below:
To Fry Onions
- Onions 2 large size
- Vegetable oil ½ Cup
For Chicken Marination
- Chicken 700 grams ( thighs preferably)
- Yogurt ¾ cup
- Tomato Puree ¼ cup
- Vegetable Oil ¼ cup
- Ginger & Garlic Paste 1 Tablespoon
- Red Chilli Powder 1 Tablespoon
- Turmeric powder 1 Teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder 1 Teaspoon
- Brown Onions 2 Tablespoon
- Salt 1 ¼ Teaspoon
For Boiling Rice
- Basmati Rice 2 Cup
- Water 6 cups
- Salt 2 Tablespoon
- Bayleaf 1
- Cloves 5-6 pieces
- Cardamom Green 2-3 pods
- Hot Milk 2 Tablespoon
- Saffron 10-12 Strands
- Mint Leaves
- Coriander Fresh
- Ghee 2 Tablespoon
Preparations for Cooking
- To make the brown onions, spread the onions on a kitchen towel and pat them to dry. Place a pan on the flame to heat the oil and add the onions to fry. Shallow fry the onions on medium heat until they are a deep golden brown. Set them aside after draining them on a paper towel.
- Mix all the ingredients with chicken ( details of ingredients for marination are mentioned above). Set aside for marination for at least two hours.
- On the other side, soak the saffron strands in hot milk and gently rub them with the back of a spoon. Set this aside for now.
- When the water starts boiling, add salt to its whole spices and basmati rice. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain thoroughly, leaving the whole spices in the rice. One important consideration is boiling rice; rice should be cooked about 70% of the way, which can be determined by pressing a grain of rice between two fingers – the rice should still be raw in the center.
Layering Chicken Biryani
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, cook the chicken pieces for about 5 minutes and then turn the chicken pieces. Cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from the heat. Spread half of the onions over the chicken, followed by the remaining coriander and mint leaves. Then, layer the rice with the mint and coriander, and drizzle with saffron milk and ghee.
- Put the lid on the pan and let it cook on low heat for 15-18 minutes or until the biryani is done.
Important Tips :
- When making chicken biryani, it’s critical to use a heavy-bottomed pot, or the chicken pieces will be scorched or burnt.
- Place the biryani pot on a flat skillet. This will allow it to steam at a low temperature.
Chicken Biryani is a dish unique to Asian cuisines. A traditional combination of chicken, rice, and spices layered together to create a delectable and aromatic treat.