Instagram update could affect the reach of some accounts
Instagram is expanding a feature that filters out “sensitive” content, which could affect reach for some accounts.
Using sensitive content management in the Settings menu, users can select how much or what sensitive content they see in search, camera rolls, accounts they can view, hashtag pages, and feed suggestions.
Sensitive content management initially launched in July 2021, although it was only used for the Discover feed
If you post content that Instagram deems “sensitive,” your posts could even get cut if enough people start taking advantage of Sensitive Content Management.
Here’s more information on how the feature works and what kind of content is affected.
Content management filters Content material that could impress group security
Instagram describes sensitive content as “posts that don’t necessarily break our rules, but may be annoying to some people.”
In particular, it contains:
- Content material that will depict violence, along with preventing people.
- Content material that could be sexually specific or suggestive, such as photos of people in see-through clothing.
- Content that promotes the use of certain regulated products, including tobacco or vaping products, adult services, or medications.
- Content material that will promote or depict beauty procedures.
- Content that might be trying to promote services or products based primarily on health-related claims, for example, a supplement to aid weight loss.
Content Material Management Options
There are three options to control sensitive content on Instagram.
The options are:
Normal: This is the default state, which limits some content.
More: Allows users to opt out of more sensitive content.
Much Less – Restricts sensitive content more than the default state.
The “extra” possibility is simply not available for clients under 18 years of age.
The goal of Instagram tools is to allow users to personalize the experience
This update to Sensitive Content Management is the latest addition to a series of tools offered by the social media platform that allow users to create their own experience on Instagram.
Different options include Comment Control, Restrict, Block, and Mute. Instagram hopes to strengthen and augment these tools over time.
To change the handling of sensitive content material, follow these steps:
- Click “Settings” outside of your profile page.
- Tap “Account and then “Sensitive Content Management”
- Choose which content material stage you want to apply.
- Tap “Verify.”