This is a very popular action sport in the United States. Skateboarding involves riding and also performing different stunts with the help of this skateboard. It is one of the most popular and amazing recreational activity, in the United States. There is a great demand of this work in recreational industry and is also considered as mode of transportation. Many skateboarders, who have great interest in skateboarding, have invented various unique shapes and forms of it.
How can your hand be fractured when skateboarding?
It happens in many cases that you fall while skating. There can be many reasons for this, such as the place where you are riding, may be rocky or slippery, or there may be an obstacle in your way or your balance may deteriorate when skateboarding. It is natural that whenever someone is about to fall, he puts out his hand to save himself, due to this all the weight of the body of that person falls on his wrist or hand and the hand gets fractured.
How do you not break your wrist when skateboarding?
It is true that falling is out of anyone’s control but the method of falling can save you from further injury. If you skate and are about to fall, never stretch out your hand, rather, let it fall in the same way you are falling and then start rolling yourself. By doing this, your whole body weight will not be on any one part but by rolling yourself, your weight will be evenly distributed throughout the body. It also greatly reduces your chances of getting hurt. To protect yourself from falling or get injured, you need to take care of the following things:
- You can save yourself from severe injury by using helmets, elbow pads and wrist guards.
- Avoid skating in the parking area and in places where people come and go.
- When skating, do not use head phones at all as it may cause you to be hit by a car as you will not be able to hear its horn.
- Constant skateboarding can make you tired and you may fall so you need to rest every one to two hours.
- When you’re in the mood for skating, check the weather before setting your schedule to see if it’s raining, and if it is raining then don’t skate at all, because you may fall off due to slippery floor and your hand may be fractured or something else may also be happened.
How you can be sure that your wrist is fractured or not?
If your wrist is injured due to falling and you want to know if your wrist is fractured or not, then you should notice some symptoms that can help you in understanding the real problem. Some of them are as following:
- If you have swelling and pain in your hand, it could be a fracture.
- It can also be a sign of a fracture if you are unable to move your hand or have difficulty moving your hand.
- If the pain does not go away in a day or two, you should see a doctor.
- If you have a crooked finger or an arm, it could also be a fracture.
The appearance of these symptoms means that your wrist is really fractured and you should seek treatment immediately, and you should not be careless in this matter.