F1 22 Gets First Post-Launch Update:
EA Sports F1 22 just released about a week ago after a brief early access period, and as of Thursday, the game has already received its first post-launch update. This update released this week contained a set of patch notes detailing a number of general changes made to F1 2022, as well as a couple of bug fixes and some improvements to online and VR play. The update in question should now be available on all platforms for players to download.
The patch notes for the update aren’t too extensive compared to other game releases, especially considering it’s the first the game has received since launch, but it does have a few notable fixes and changes to look out for. You can find all of the following:
- ICE attrition rate reduced to be less taxing when throttling aggressively or going too hard.
- Resolved an incorrect crash at Jeddah Turn 1.
- Virtual rear view mirror visibility settings will now be applied correctly.
- Characters on the podium will now spawn correctly.
- HUD elements will now appear correctly in split screen races.
- Fixed an issue where the team badge could appear corrupted after a race weekend in MyTeam
- Loyalty Pack items will now correctly appear in users’ inventory.
- Fixed an issue where using Fanatec load cell pedals would result in a reduced frame rate.
- Updated MyTeam engine supplier durability ratings (will not affect existing races).
- Updated fuel quantity for Bahrain F1® Sprint events.
- Rain no longer appears inside the car in supercar replays.
- Fixed an issue where the Race Engineer would notice a component issue and then immediately declare it resolved.
- Adaptive triggers now have the correct resistance on PC.
- Fixed an issue where AI drivers on fast laps could brake to avoid passing vehicles yielding.
- Fixed an issue where withdrawing from Qualifying 1 or 2 despite having time to move on to the next session would transition into the race.
- Resolved a crash that could occur when joining a Social Play lobby in progress.
- Sponsors can now be properly applied to the Player Car.
- General stability improvements.
- Various minor fixes.
- Fixed a crash when entering a multiplayer lobby in progress.
- Fixed an issue where the starting grid option could not be changed in multiplayer lobbies.
- Improved performance when companion screen is set to full screen.
- Fixed unintentional head movement when braking or accelerating.