Installing a backflow preventer is essential to protect the drinking water supply from contamination and other hazardous materials. Backflow prevention devices are designed to keep contaminated water from entering your system, which could cause serious health or property damage if left unchecked. By having a certified plumber install a quality backflow preventer in your system, you can be sure that your drinking water is safe and free of contaminants. Here are some essential benefits of installing a backflow preventer in Kansas City, KS.
- Prevents Contamination: One of the primary advantages of having a backflow prevention device installed is that it prevents contaminated water from entering your drinking water supply. This is especially important in Kansas City KS due to its location along the Missouri River which carries runoff from agricultural activities as well as other sources such as industrial waste and sewage treatment plants. With a backflow preventer installed in your system, you can rest assured that your drinking water is safe and free from any contamination.
- Reduces Pressure Transients: Pressure transients can occur when water pressure changes suddenly due to high demand or an unexpected interruption of service. Without a backflow preventer, these sudden pressure drops could cause damage to your plumbing system as well as lead to unsafe drinking water conditions. By installing a quality backflow prevention device, you can reduce the likelihood of this type of damage occurring and ensure that your drinking water remains safe.
- Meets Local Regulations: Another benefit of having a quality backflow prevention device installed in Kansas City KS is that it meets all applicable local regulations concerning drinking water safety. Kansas City KS requires backflow prevention devices to be installed on all water systems, so having an approved backflow preventer in place is essential for any homeowner or business that uses a municipal water supply.
- Enhances System Performance: Installing the device can also help to improve the overall performance of your plumbing system. By reducing water pressure transients and preventing contamination from entering your drinking water supply, you can enjoy better system performance and longer life spans for all your fixtures.
- Cost Savings: Installing a backflow prevention device can also help to save you money in the long run. By preventing water contamination and damage from pressure transients, you can avoid costly repairs or replacements of your plumbing fixtures and enjoy years of reliable service.
- Improved Water Quality: It can help to ensure that your drinking water is safe and free from contaminants.
- Professional Installation: Having a professional plumber install your backflow preventer ensures that it is installed correctly and in accordance with all local regulations. This helps to ensure the long-term performance of your system and that your drinking water remains safe for years to come.
- Backflow Testing: Regular backflow testing is also essential for maintaining the safety of your drinking water. A backflow prevention device should be tested annually or after any repairs to ensure that it is functioning properly and providing the necessary protection from contaminants.
However, many times, homeowners are left confused as to where the backflow preventer must be installed. Let’s continue reading to know the right information.
Where Should the Backflow Preventer Be Installed?
The backflow preventer should be installed as close to the water meter as possible. This will ensure that it is able to detect and stop backflow before it reaches your home or business. It is also important to install the backflow preventer in a location where it can be easily monitored for testing and maintenance purposes. Contact a qualified professional for backflow testing in Kansas City, KS, to ensure that your backflow prevention device is properly installed and maintained.
Installing a backflow preventer has numerous benefits and is an essential part of keeping your drinking water safe and free from contamination. By having a backflow prevention device installed, you can enjoy improved system performance, cost savings, improved water quality, and peace of mind knowing that your drinking water is safe. When it comes to backflow testing, it’s important to only trust certified professionals with this important job. For more information, get in touch with Quick Relief Plumbing at (913) 207-0779.