Bipolar is a chronic health disease that can be severe if it is not treated at time. Many people thought how they would come to know that they are suffering from bipolar, there are different ways to test whether you have this disorder or not. Bipolar disorder test can be undertaken only by mental health specialists like psychologists, psychiatrists and other people who are associated with mental health treatment department.
Because there are many side effects that may occur if you don’t have this disorder but you take its medicine. You should not ignore if you find any disturbance in your mental health because the situation become serious and worse with the time.
Bipolar Disorder Test:
Some people who felt that their mental health is similar to that of symptoms found in bipolar patient, they may afraid that they have this disorder. But they should not start any treatment before checking it properly to the doctor. Before final decision, you must get the appointment of doctor to make everything clear.
There are different types of bipolar disorder and all type of bipolar has different treatment. So you should not take any medicine without the suggestion of the doctor. Another way to test bipolar disorder is to ask questions about his/her mental health. These questions are asked to check that from which type of bipolar disorder the patient is suffering. Some of these tests are:
- Mood Disorder Questionnaire (MDQ)
- Bipolar Spectrum Diagnostic Test
- Hypomanic Personality Scale
- Structured Clinical Interview for diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorder
Steps you have to face while having a bipolar disorder diagnosis:
- These are steps you have to follow if you want to have a bipolar disorder test:
- Physical Exam (if you notice symptoms similar to that of bipolar then your doctor may suggest a physical test)
- Psychiatric assessment (if your mental health is not good then the doctor can suggest you to see a psychiatrist)
- Mood charting (A good way to notice the change in your mood is to notice your mood swings episodes. This might be helpful during treatment)
Criteria for Bipolar Disorder (when you mention your symptoms and mood swing episodes in your mood charting. Then your doctor compares your symptoms with the symptoms found in a bipolar patient.
Ways to treat bipolar disorder:
There are some medicines that are mostly prescribed in case of bipolar disorder. These are the medicines used to treat bipolar disorder:
- Mood Stabilizers (e.g. Lithium)
- Anticonvulsant medications
- Antipsychotic medications
- Benzodiazepine medications
Some other treatments can also be adopted during healing process. These processes include:
- Electroconvulsive therapy
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation
- Music therapy (as some people love music and they feel light after listening to the music, so they can use this method to keep themselves calm and happy.)
- Yoga (it reduces stress, increase stability, maintains a balanced metabolism and provides mental relief so it is also a good method to recover from bipolar disorder.)