If you’ve been outside, there’s probably more dirt on your than you realize. Whether you spent the day landscaping or recently returned from a hike in the woods, you’re likely covered in pollen, dust, and dirt particles that are ready to transfer to whatever surface they meet. If that surface is your truck’s seat, you might be causing irreparable damage to its upholstery. The same is true if you happen to be wet with water or sweat. Find out how you can prevent damage from dirt and water.
Seat Protector Is a Must
- Consider investing in seat covers. A seat cover is one of the most effective ways to shield your truck’s interior from potential damage. This accessory is effectively a barrier between your seat’s upholstery and any dirt or debris that you or your passengers could track. Even when you don’t realize it, there’s often some grime clinging to your clothes — especially if you’ve been outside. Rather than letting this dirt make its way onto your upholstery, consider a seat cover. Read more about The Ultimate Guide: Choosing the best Car Polish.
- Find the right size seat covers. A seat cover will only be effective if it’s the right size, so it’s important to ensure that your selection is compatible with your vehicle. If you want to be certain that you’ve chosen the correct cover, you can even measure your seats before buying. To do so, take a tape measure and measure each seat horizontally to discern its width. You can then compare your measurements to the dimensions of the seat covers you’re looking at.
- Choose the right material. Seat covers come in a variety of different styles and materials. Some of the most common fabric options include velour, canvas, faux leather, and neoprene. All of these have their own unique benefits, but neoprene seat covers are particularly advantageous because they are completely waterproof. They’re also resistant to corrosion and known to be incredibly durable, making them ideal for families with kids or anybody who simply wants the best quality.
Shield Your Floors
- Invest in floor mats for your truck. Just like you can track dirt onto your seats, you can easily transfer debris to your floor if you aren’t careful. In fact, your floor is at an even greater risk since shoes are known to usually be dirty. A floor mat is the best way to shield your truck’s floor from this grime and ensure that you don’t cause damage with mud or other yucky substances. Floor mats can be made from a range of materials, but most are constructed from rubber or similarly strong material.
- Be careful before you enter your truck. Seat covers and floor mats are incredibly effective for preventing dirt from getting into your interior, but you can further prevent this by simply being careful. If you’ve trekked through mud, rinse the bottoms of your shoes before getting in your truck. If you know that you’re covered in dust, shake your shirt before climbing in. Little steps like this can help your truck’s interior stay cleaner for longer.