There are many reasons for locking the steering wheel of your car, you do this whenever you park your vehicle in an unknown area and you want to be secure. You can lock your car’s steering by following the simple steps. But here we have to discuss how to unlock a steering wheel of the car, for that purpose different methods are used. Some methods are discussed below.
Tips you should follow while unlocking a steering wheel
There are some tips that you need to follow for unlocking the steering wheel of your car.
Avoid using brute force: You should not use a brute force for unlocking the steering wheel because by applying a large force there is a chance of breakdown of car’s steering mechanism.
Try a new key: Keep in mind the condition of your key, if you notice that your key is not working properly, then you should try another copy of your key (a new key), if you don’t have a new key then arrange it before starting the process. Read more about How To Maintain A Used Car Engine.
How to unlock a steering wheel?
You can unlock your steering wheel by using different methods, three methods are discussed here that are used in most cases:
- Unlocking Your Steering Wheel
- Loosening Sticky Locks
- Replacing the Ignition Lock Assembly
Unlocking Your Steering Wheel
In this method you have to follow the steps listed below:
- The first step for this process is to enter the key in the key hole, when you locked the car there was some force on the wheel when you locked your car’s steering.
- You have to use the key hole in such a way how you use it while starting your car.
- Finally, put the key in the key hole and turn it, if your key turn then the lock of steering wheel will open with the ignition cylinder. But if you see that the lock is not opened or the position of lock and wheel is not changed then, try to turn your key. For this apply force (nor too high neither too low) on the key, take care your key will not bend or break inside the key hole. Because if the key broke down inside the key hole then it can be costly, because you have to call the mechanic or he can charge a great amount.
- Next you have to apply some pressure on the steering of your car. When it’s locked, wheel will not be able to move in any direction, it can move easily just in one direction. Move the wheel in that direction where it can be moved, while moving the wheel you have to turn the key with your hand. In sip le words you have to turn the wheel while applying force on the wheel, this will unlock the steering wheel.
- Some people move the wheel in back and forth position in order to unlock the wheel, but they are unaware that in this way they can damage the locking pin of the wheel and situation can become worse.
How to unlock a steering wheel without the key?
You can unlock it by pressing the break and shake the steering wheel of the car back and forward, while doing this press the push start button only one time.